Vigeo Eiris is at the forefront of promoting sustainable development in business. We are an independent international provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and services for investors and public & private organisations.
We are expanding and have created this new role where you will be responsible for delivering a high quality strategic and operational framework for the provision of legal advice.
You will provide legal advice and support on a range of commercial contracts, the terms and conditions of our business, and will also be involved in a broad range of legal topics.
Reporting to our General Secretary, this role will enable you to shape Vigeo Eiris’ legal services, with the possibility to take on more autonomy and responsibility.
Excellent communication skills are essential, with the ability to build rapport and develop excellent client, stakeholder and colleague relationships at all levels in both the UK and internationally.
For this role you will need:
• To be a qualified solicitor (English/UK law) with 3-5 years post qualification experience, preferably in a combination of commercial and contract law and practice, with significant in-house legal experience.
• Good working knowledge of contracts, intellectual property and general commercial law.
• Proven ability to generate effective and practical solutions to complex issues: ensuring the law is used effectively for change and innovation.
• Clear, articulate and confident written and verbal communication skills. Highly numerate with a keen eye for detail.
• Results driven: highly committed and motivated to ‘get the job done’.
• Good IT skills including ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel etc.) and online resources effectively.
• Conversational knowledge of French – desirable.
Some occasional international travel will be required in this role.
You’ll be joining a growing company with an open & straightforward culture, impressive leadership with brilliant people across the globe – and we offer excellent benefits too! You will receive a generous holiday allowance & excellent pension contribution.
We are located in an award-winning, vibrant shared office in London that’s home to a range of social justice and human rights focused organisations. Join us and be part of something special.
Send your CV to: Jobs.London@Vigeo-Eiris.com