The Specialised Researcher will work within the Climate Risk Assessment team under the Specialised Research Division. This research will cover to main areas of work: identifying and assessing companies’ GHG emissions and their involvement in fossil fuel-related activities, fossil fuel reserves held by companies and the potential GHG emissions linked to them.
Under the direction of the Climate Risk Assessment Manager, the researcher will be responsible for:
Identifying and collecting information
• Collect, review and summarise all relevant available information and documentation (financial reporting, sustainability reporting, investor presentations, stakeholder communication)on the themes and companies under their responsibility
Evaluating companies’ involvement
• Explore a company’s direct activities and those linked with its subsidiaries
• Identify and assess companies’ GHG emissions and carry out emissions estimation models
• Identify companies’ involvement in fossil fuel-related activities, fossil fuel reserves held and their potential emissions
• Write a qualitiative synthesis of a company’s involvement in such activities and input quantitative indicators to reflect such involvement
• Work transversally across 38 sectors of analysis, supported by Vigeo Eiris sector specialists
• Answer internal and external demands for targeting, collecting and summarizing specific research themes/activities
• Deliver the research expected in due time according to Vigeo Eiris processes and quality standards
• Contribute to producing reports associated to research produced within the division
Expertise development, transmission and sharing
• Monitor key challenges and trends associated with the research
• Develop knowledge on themes associated to screening activities, on Vigeo Eiris rating framework and on sectors under review
• Contribute to the production of research pieces derived from screening lines and on associated bespoke demands
• Bring ideas to support the continued development of the research line
These missions are not exhaustive and can be scalable.
• Academic background in related discipline (sustainability, CSR, environmental sciences, environmental economics, energy, etc)
• Understanding of and strong interest in sustainability / CSR issues
• Experience with technical document research and information organization
• Analytical, synthesis and composition skills
• Good master in written and spoken in English
• Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PPT) with proven ability to manage large datasets in Excel
• Organisation, Rigor and Method
• Team spirit, communication and good listening skills
• Ability to work autonomously, under the supervision and support of a team
• Ability to balance operational expectations with quality (time management)
Send your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
About Vigeo Eiris
Vigeo Eiris is a global provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) research to investors and public and private corporates. The agency evaluates the level of integration of sustainability factors in the strategy and the operations of organizations, and undertakes a risk assessment to assist investors and companies in decision-making.
Vigeo Eiris offers two types of services through separate business units:
• Vigeo Eiris rating offers databases, sector-based analyses, ratings, benchmarks and portfolio screening, to serve all ethical and responsible investment strategies.
• Vigeo Eiris enterprise asseses organizations of all sizes, listed and not listed companies in order to support them in the integration of ESG criteria into their business functions and strategic operations.
Vigeo Eiris methodologies and rating services adhere to the strictest quality standards and have been certified to the independent ARISTA® standard. Vigeo Eiris is CBI (Climate Bond Initiative) Verifier.
Vigeo Eiris is represented in Paris, London, Boston, Brussels, Casablanca, Hong Kong, Milan, Montreal, Rabat, Santiago, Stockholm and Tokyo. The team is composed of more than 200 experts of 28 nationalities with diversified and complementary skills. Vigeo Eiris has developed the Vigeo Eiris Global Network made of 7 research providers (Australia, Brazil, Germany, Israel, Japan, Spain and Mexico).
For more information: www.vigeo-eiris.com